The Future of Communications
We’ve looked into the future of communications, and its all about Public Relations.
Look out advertisers!
Public relations doesn’t bother the public, we are the public
Public relations focuses on how we relate to the public. It’s in the name. Our goal is to build a stronger community space where businesses and locals can live harmoniously and create lasting bonds with each other.
Like a good friend, the relationships we build are genuine.
By planting our roots directly into the community, we can grow an organic following with active engagement. This sets us apart from our marketing and advertising competitors who pay to promote their brand. However, the problem is that visibility does not equal engagement.
The problem with advertisements is the same problem they’ve had for the last century. Nobody wants to be bothered by intrusive ads. Where’s the value in a pop-up advertisement? Do not create dissonance for your brand by frequently impeding on somebody else’s’ time.
Advertising is and will always be stuck in a game of natural selection. Evolve or perish. The digital age birthed a public that consumes information faster than advertisers can keep pace and this is why we will continue to see a sharp decline in budgets for those advertisers.
The industry is right for innovation
Social Media is a hell of a tool that businesses can use to leverage their story into active engagement. In a lot of ways, social media has brought the community closer together.
That being said, be careful!
Social media has also exposed some of the trickery that advertisers have previously used to create outreach. This constant limelight is forcing businesses to be more transparent, which will either propel a company or destroy it.
That’s where good PR comes in handy!
PR teams are the medium between business and the community, we listen to and engage both parties frequently. We are a daily wire that stays plugged into the community providing a platform for your story to be heard. Our tools of influence are always catered to the needs of our audience for maximizing outreach.
People are a lot smarter than we give them credit for and it’s time communications experts realize that in order to look genuine, you actually have to be genuine. Provide real content on your feeds and don’t be afraid to showcase the good, the bad and the ugly. Humans are nurturing beings by default, we tend to be more receptive to the content they relate to on a personal level.
Here are 5 tips to help you boost your Public Relations-
- Be willing to be vulnerable- mistakes and blunders are as definite as the sun coming up every morning. Engage your audience, address the issue, and allow them to know what you are going to do to resolve the issue.
- Find opportunities to be a part of the community- community outreach is critical for businesses in today’s world. Be a part of the larger community and be real with the public.
- Have forward-looking representation- Look into the crystal ball of communications and start developing an outreach strategy catered to the future of public relations. I’ll give you an example, podcasting. Podcasting is a worldwide phenomenon which most businesses are adapting to now. However, the forward-lookers noticed the rise in quick consumable information and established themselves in it months ago.
- Use creative outreach- Public relations is without a doubt the most colorful aspect of communication. Don’t be afraid to add some spice to your outreach plan with eccentric scenery, interactive media and a new take on older formulas. Before you plan an event, think to yourself or ask your peers, would I like to attend this event?
- Measure engagement- Take the stats of your social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc as of right now. Once you are able to incorporate public relations into your overall business plan start to measure the engagements. This will give an idea of what works and what does not.
Still want to know more about Pr vs Marketing vs Advertising? Check this article here.
If you are ready to discuss a communications plan that will propel will make your business look like a city upon a hill, contact us at email@example.com or call me at 210.390.5546.