A staple of the Midwestern United States, Andy’s Frozen Custard made its San Antonio debut in the spring of 2022.
With over 110 locations nationwide Andy’s has become one of the country’s largest frozen custard restaurants with a loyal fan base. Local franchise owner Joe Sheilds contracted our firm to oversee the publicity, community outreach, and event planning for his May 2022 opening at The Rim shopping center in San Antonio. Our work stretched from February 15 – May 30, 2022.
Our work began in February 2022 and included a tailored development cycle which focused Andy’s on San Antonio’s major population centers, including Central, North west, and North central areas if the market. In total our strategy included 41% of the market’s total population, with a median income level of $54,500 annually.
- Production of one 3-month earned media schedule
- Production of one 3 month social media schedule
- Coordination of one charitable effort
- Coordination of one family and friends event
- Coordination of one public grand opening event
- 85,000 in media coverage
- 750 net fans and followers on social media
- Two promo events with over 300 people in total attendance
- Andy’s corporate reported that Andy’s Frozen Custard San Antonio had the highest grand opening weekend sales in company history and highest first month sales in company history
Andy’s has used this grand opening PR campaign to introduce itself to a new market and build a connection to its neighbors. The brand is currently building its second San Antonio location –opening Q1 2023. An additional three locations are planned.